Monday, July 5, 2010

Mind's Eye


Greetings to all,

I have been in Iowa for a few days now and have been thinking about what to write on here first, what order it should go in ect. So that you know, I don't believe that what I write will be entirely chronological, maybe not at all. I will eventually write about the order as a reference though. Also, getting everything out onto the blog will most likely take a lot of time, and I have no goal as to when it will be finished. Even if I were to write all I thought through, there will still be many ways that this 2010 trip will be moving my life in the future. So I believe it will never actually end.

It is strange being in Iowa, even New York and London were weird. First off, there are so many more wazungu (white people- non derogatory). Secondly, Rob, one of the four people that comprised our team, we left at the Nairobi airport on the 29th of June. While I was in Kenya, I began listening to the Lord of the Rings radio version, and when we left Kathryn and then Rob, and then I left Kristina, it very much felt like our fellowship was breaking (which, in the physical sense, it was).

I have over 2000 photos from the trip, and my mother and I were flipping through some of them. We got to one from Kajiado-a place you will hear much more about in the future- and my mind, for a second, took me back there. I cannot adequately explain it, but I felt like I was standing (which I was when I took the scene in the photo) but my physically intact body was sitting. I squinted my eyes because of the sun, by it was dark in the room. I snapped back and took a deep breath- it was so odd.

Every now and then when I am missing a certain bunch of people, I will close my eyes and my mind takes me back to them. A few moments ago I was missing people in Kajiado- for some reason my mind went back to a very specific day in Kajiado compound and rewinded me through my walk to morning devotions, waking up and having a small disagreement with the mosquito net, then the night before, sitting at the table and talking with Kathryn and Rob. Its amazing. I remember rocks, little details, sounds, lighting, colours of clothing and who was there, where they were, what we were talking about, everything. It's amazing.

I asked God to help me remember so that I could bring small glimpses of Kenya and Minah back with me. So that I could share. So that He could use what I shared to change peoples' hearts in my home country. He answered that prayer, just like He did throughout the whole trip. One right after another, we saw Him healing and loving and walking with us, and answering our prayers. He answered this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment